Monday, January 31, 2005

coughing for australia

Last week I had my first day of work sick in ten years. Its not that I don’t ever get sick like normal people I just tend to do it on weekends and holidays. The other thing I rarely do is visit the doctor, but seeing as I was two weeks into a coughing marathon it seemed an appropriate thing to do. The result of seeing a Doctor was that I didn’t have a temperature or any other signs of illness apart from a sleep depriving cough, but hey, have some antibiotics and take two days off work. While your at it take yourself down to the beach go for swim in the ocean. According to the Doc this will be 'very good for me’.

Thanks Doc great idea, I haven’t slept properly for two weeks and the best thing you can offer me besides the standard issue antibiotics is a swim in the ocean. I can image the headlines ‘Coughing attracts shark – bites man on sicky’. How Aussie would that be!

Come to think of it, I’ve never felt less healthy since I decided to embrace a healthy lifestyle. Two days off work, one visit to the doctor, two courses of antibiotics and three highly ineffective cough mixtures later, I’m still here, still coughing and not sleeping, but hey I’m back at work!. I think what I really need is a sausage roll and a very long lie down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home